Oregon Child Support Program

Locating the Other Parent

The Child Support Program has many tools to use when trying to find where a parent lives or works. We do not always have the most current information available and it can be difficult to find people who may not want to be found. It is important that you share information with us. If you have a child support order in place, you are required by law to share new information within 10 days.

Please contact your local child support office or the office that handles your child support case in person, by telephone or mail if you have information to provide. You will be asked to give your name and SSN or other information so we can be sure of your identity. If you want to share information anonymously, it may not be useable if we cannot verify it using another source. Some examples of information that might be helpful to us follow:

  • Full name and other names that may be used

  • Last known address and/or phone number

  • Last known employer name, address and phone number and the kind of work they do/did

  • Social Security number

  • Birth date

  • If the parent:

    • Has any children by another person, and where they live

    • Belongs to a union, a social club or sports club or other membership

    • Is in the military, and where they are stationed

    • Has ever been arrested

    • Has a driver's, occupational or recreational license (such as hunting, boating, fishing)

If a non-custodial parent moves to a different state in order to avoid paying child support there may be other enforcement options available that you may discuss with your case manager. For more information about how states work together see Interstate Child Support Cases.

Other Locate Services

What is it?

The Federal Parent Locator Service (FPLS) is a national system operated by the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement, to assist in locating non-custodial parents, putative fathers, and custodial parties to:

  • Establish paternity
  • Establish, modify or enforce child support orders
  • Make or enforce child custody or parenting time (visitation) determinations
  • Enforce federal or state laws regarding unlawful taking or restraint of a child.

Learn more at the FPLS website.

Who can use this service?

The following rules explain who is authorized to request and receive information from the FPLS through the Oregon State Parent Locator Service. 
Parentage Establishment, Child Support & Parental Rights: OAR 137-055-1320
Parental Kidnapping, Child Custody and Visitation: OAR 137-055-1360

How do I make a request?

To make a request, please fill out a Request for Information from the Federal Parent Locator Service Form (CSF 01 0571, PDF Format) and return it to the address provided in the instructions.

Oregon Child Support Program FPLS Contact

Michelle Marple, Branch Manager
Oregon Child Support Program