Oregon Child Support Program

Pay Support

Most parents pay child support by payroll deduction (also called income withholding). In Oregon, all new or modified support orders normally require payment through this method. But there are other ways to pay, too. Alternative payment methods may interest parents who:

  • Want to make payments in addition to a payroll deduction
  • Are self-employed
  • Live overseas
  • Are paying for someone else

Find out more about alternative payment methods below.

Employers, please see Employer Resources.

Cash, Check or Money Order

The Child Support Program accepts payments by cash, check, or money order. Payments may be mailed to the State Disbursement Unit or paid in person at the Salem Division of Child Support office.

To make a payment, you will need:

  • The child support case number(s) - The payment is applied only to the case(s) you specify. If you want the payment distributed to all your cases, include the non-custodial parent's Social Security number in place of the case number(s).
  • Non-custodial parent's name
  • Non-custodial parent's address

Mail your payment to:

Child Support Program
PO Box 14506
Salem OR 97309

Pay in person at:

Department of Justice, Division of Child Support
4600 25th Ave NE, Suite 180
Salem, Oregon
Google Maps 

Some District Attorney offices accept payments. If you wish to make a payment at your local District Attorney family support office, first contact the office to confirm they can take your payment.

Payments made in foreign currency are converted to U.S. dollars using the exchange rate on the day the Program deposits the payment.

Credit or Debit Card

You can make a payment for yourself or a third party using an American Express, Discover, Visa or MasterCard branded debit or credit card. You can make a credit payment through the Child Support Program's vendor at MyPaymentPortal.com. The vendor charges a nominal fee for this service.

MyPaymentPortal.comTo make a payment, you will need:

  • Child support case number(s)
  • Non-custodial parent's name
  • Non-custodial parent's Social Security number
  • Payment card
    • Card number
    • Card expiration date
    • Security code from back of card
    • Cardholder name
    • Cardholder address, city, state, zip
    • Cardholder phone number
  • A valid email address

Electronic Payment Withdrawal (EPW)

With electronic payment withdrawal (EPW), you can authorize a regular deduction from your bank account. You can schedule the monthly payment date on a date that works for you.

EPW is:

  • Used instead of payroll deduction
  • Available only for active cases with no past-due support
  • Available when the custodial parent or child attending school agrees to an exception to income withholding.

Withdrawal Date

Payments are withdrawn from your bank account on a set monthly schedule.

  • You may request one withdrawal date or two dates with smaller withdrawal amounts.
  • The second withdrawal date must be on or before the monthly due date for support. The withdrawal amounts can be different for each withdrawal date but when combined must be equal to your month court ordered support amount.

Pay Support for Someone Else

You can make payments on behalf of another person by Cash, Check or Money Order and Credit or Debit Card.

To make a payment, you will need:

  • The child support case number(s) - The payment is applied only to the case(s) you specify.
  • Non-custodial parent's name
  • Non-custodial parent's address

Payment Options

Search for Unclaimed Child Support Funds

The Child Support Program may be holding money that belongs to you. Parents are required to notify the Child Support Program within 10 days of any changes to their address or contact information. When a case receives funds but they cannot be delivered because contact information is out of date, the money is returned to the Child Support Program for safekeeping. Search online for unclaimed child support funds.